Saturday, July 30, 2005
Friday, July 29, 2005
say it ain't so...
Well, it's Nicks last weekend in Austin for the summer. Next Friday we travel to Lake Jackson where we will both stay the weekend and I will return on Sunday while he stays with my parents until he flies out on Thursday. I will go back to LJ on Wednesday night to see him off the next day. Follow all that? It's gone by so fast I just hope he had fun. Anyway, this weekend we plan to go to Hamilton Pool on Saturday and Sunday maybe a movie.
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
it's all in the remake
You must check out You Ain't No Picasso's post for today. They posted some mp3s of indie artists covering mainstream top 40 hits. I love it because I've noticed a lot of this happening as well and I'm simply wondering why. Well the site attempts to answers why and I couldn't agree more. It's good shit.
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Sunday, July 24, 2005
bjork - oceania (live at the olympics)
gruvis malt - possibly maybe (bjork cover)
the brunching shuttlecocks - the bjork song
the decemberists - human behavior - (bjork cover)
bjork - 3o years in 30 days(audio from triple j)
bjork - scatterheart + joga (oms remix)
sugarcubes - planet (icelandic)
bjork - unravel (live)
bjork - aurora (echion mix)
bjork vs. the cure - the hidden forest (gordyBoy) a wonderful chance to sneak in my favorite band!!!!
Saturday, July 23, 2005
Friday, July 22, 2005
This photo makes me happy
off to schlitterbahn with nick this saturday and then a movie on sunday
emiliana torrini - fisherman's woman (SORRY, try it again. I linked a photo instead of the mp3)
sigur ros - svefn-g-englar (live in amsterdam) thanks to the torture garden!!!
"Get over here and warm my hands up boy
It’s you they love the most…
Sit on the front Porch
The sun can warm my feet
You can drink your coffee with sugar and cream
I'lll drink my decaf herbal tea
Pretend we're perfect strangers..."bye DJP
I've updated my 100 list...I plan to finish it this weekend
Wednesday, July 20, 2005
DM baby DM
For those of you who don't read largehearted boy (shame on you) he has posted a link to IFILM where someone posted an unfinished NEW video from Depeche Mode. Forget the video, the song is fucking awesome. Go here to view/Listen.
I received my laptop today...happy days!!!
and because I love you
Depeche Mode - Somebody(live)
Cyndi Lauper - Iko Iko (always makes me smile)
U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday (for Nick)
Ephemera - Hey (ReFraiched Chillout Mix)
Monday, July 18, 2005
Don't touch those squirrels' nuts
Went tubing. Saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...best part are the oompa loompa's music numbers...loved it!
My random picks for the day to match my mood.
Project A-ko - Our Teenagers Need Healthy Touch
Gypsophile - Apart
Innocence Mission - Tomorrow On The Runway
and the new one:
Death Cab for Cutie - Soul Meets Boy
Stellastarr - Lost In Time (just beautiful...for DJP...goodbye...mon petit vulcan-give your mother my best I will keep her and you in my thoughts)
Friday, July 15, 2005
Dreams of my laptop
I finally ordered it. I had to support the locals so I purchased it from a former UT student and resident of Austin...you may of heard of him...Michael Dell. Anyway, I'm pretty excited. Apparently it's loaded with all the bells and whistles.
I really don't have anything else to convey except the fact that my Son and I are headed south for some tubing in New Braunfels with family and friends. Should be fun. Then of course we have a date with Mr. Wonka...we might see it at the IMAX. Anyway, have a nice weekend.
The Postal Service - Such Grat Heights (John Tejada Remix)
Stars - Heart
Stars - The Vanishing
I am Manny, this is my heart...
Stars - What the Snowman Learned About Love
Thursday, July 14, 2005
I will give away a prize if someone can tell me where the quote from below is from...
"In the morning when I wake up yawning and I turn the radio on Mr. Dj could you please play some songs for me.I 'll take hip-hop with a side of punk rock..."
Okay, their new album is coming out in October. I can't wait. I love what they have out now. Please be good, please be good. I think it will. "I know this really isn't a party, but you can dance if you want to." Love it!
Here's a good song:
And this one is quit excellent.
8. Last night my son and I were talking and he informed me that this summer, like last summer, his day camp will present the Olympics. He's team "Germany" and he showed me a chant and dance they have in order for them to motivate other teammates. It was the saddest thing I'd ever seen so I agreed to help out. The director informed by phone (so official) that I could help out and, if I like, I could help out all the other countries as well. Wish me luck.
Wednesday, July 13, 2005
Save some for later Augustus...
5. I've been talking to ERG almost everyday from NYC for the last several months (by phone and by email). The conversations have been about nothing serious, in fact it's been about silly inside jokes we have sort of gathered up in our lives. And about family and situations we find ourselves into. It's funny because we've seem to have found a comfort spot at the moment. Him being in NYC and me in DC in a year who knows...
6. I'm taking Nick to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory this weekend and I cannot wait!
7. I really like our Cafe's Fruit Cups.
Here's some music by a great band calling themselves Horses:
Horses - Funeral
Horses - Wicked Gil
Horses - Bass Song
Horses - I Lost My Dingle On the Red Line
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
time to eat my fruit cup...
Suck it up and come clean. Before I begin, allow me to try and convince every single two of you that you really should read Mr. Dunn's VF entry from the August issue because it is simply delicious and full of carne. If I hadn't said it before, I want his job.
Anyway, the reason for this post. I have several:
1. One of my Exes has started a blog and it's really good. I don't think I will be able to read it everyday because I do still care for him a great deal and reading about his life and me not being apart of it is extremely hard.
2. I've been told I don't write about what the hell is going on in my life. So this is my attempt, starting with this entry.
3. I still read DG's blog and frankly, I'm really scared of him now. I mean I do care for his well being, but I am truly afraid of him.
4. My Son being here has been wonderful. It's really funny because DC called me late Saturday from OCH and asked how Washington is. He and many others thought I already moved to DC. When my son is here I tend to isolate myself. Sadly enough, I'm still here in Austin.
Here is my new crush. I actually heard her live on KEXP and fell in love, but the song I really liked is "Today As Been OK."
Emiliana Torrini - Sunny Road
OMG!!!!I found it thanks to Gorilla Vs. Bear
Emiliana Torrini - Today As Been OK for (insert who you love here) sake listen to this song now!!!
and she is so beautiful
Monday, July 11, 2005
Please listen...well later
I wish I was there (thanks ERG for the photo)
So much to discuss and share that I won't have time to do it just yet, but I will post a picture of my son hitting his first piñata at my Mother's 60th Birthday Party.
And one of my beautiful sister and me.
And of my Mother and her two sisters and my cousin Carmen.
and one of my Father, Bother, Brother-in-law, and me