Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Pictures of You

Okay, a lot has happen so lets get started. DP is this guy I made reference to earlier last week, "born in Canada, raised in England..." well, he's kinda of just fallen' into my life. I really can't explain what's going on, but we've been hanging out and we really enjoy each others company. Sunday night we talked about what it is we are doing and what we both are wanting out of "this" and we came to an understanding that we want the same things. Great!

Okay, now the freaky part about all this. On Friday, we met out at OCH after the event I had to attend for work. Anyway, while talking that night, I found out we both lived in Kansas City around the same time and realized we knew some of the same people. Yet we never met until just recently. Furthermore, we both hung out at the same coffee shop, The Planet. Oh, it gets better. Later that evening after leaving OCH I was sharing pictures I had taken shortly before I left Kansas City. They we taken of different people I knew that were at The Planet one evening. Well, I looked at one photo and about fell on the floor. It was a picture I took of two of my friends...and guess who is in the middle, posing none-the-less. Yep, DP! We couldn't believe it. How in the world would I have a picture of a guy I never met while living in the same city and in such close proximity, having the same friends-yet some 4 of 5 years later we do meet and I show him this particular picture? How? Wouldn't you think I would remember a gorgeous guy with a freakin adorable British accent who lived in the mid-west? I would've remembered him. Well, he also has a picture I took of one the owners of The Planet. I gave it to the owner before I left Kansas City and he taped it behind the bar. Well DP asked for it and now owns a picture of our friend which I took. Too weird!!!

Anyway, I really don't know what to think about all of this. What I do know is that I really enjoy being around him. I enjoy his company, his smile, his laugh, his ambition, his sensitivity...we'll see...operative word here...patience. I will not rush into anything! I'm not ready for any sort of...well you know the dreaded "r" word...just kidding.

And then again this all could mean absolutely nothing at all, you know?

Who would like for me to post "the picture?"

Let's see, what else is going on. We had our first home game. How can I explain the experience? Maddening, yet exhilarating and amusing all in some strange mix. Anyway, to recap, I work at the Alumni Center on the University of Texas campus and the center is located directly across the street from the football stadium. And several hours before each game we open the center to members and they basically drink and yell and become sort of oblivious to their surroundings. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast working the event. Hell, I even went to the game. It was the first time two Bevo's (team's mascot) were on the field at the same time (one outgoing, one incoming). I'm not an UT alumnist, but I love UT all the same. I plan to get my masters here. After the game, I hung out with JC (a co-worker) at his place, which is walking distance to mine on West Campus. Anyway, we stayed up until 4 in the morning talking about our past relationships, family, being gay, and of course I threw in DP...

With all this being said, though, I still can't help but feel pressured over cappuccino, you know? I still can't get away from that one strong feeling. And it pisses me off I can't get away from it...but then again, it is still too early-anyway I forgot to mention something: "god bless you in your travels, in your conquest and queries..."

1 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

You know damn well we all want the picture now!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home