Monday, November 28, 2005

"I thrive best hermit style... now I can't do this without you"

Thanksgiving in Lake Jackson went well considering my Sister and one of my Brothers had a falling out. They pretty much just avoided each other the whole time, but other than that it was great seeing my family (I hadn't since the Rita scare).

I made a very interesting call on Thanksgiving. I called DJP. He went home with me last year for Thanksgiving so naturally he was all I could think about. The "Skeletor" glass, his hand made whip cream. The way he pronounced aluminum...

The conversation went well. Very "how are you," "miss you," "is this okay" sort of talk. Healthy. I called again last night - that conversation was more intense. I really do miss him. His lip curl, his beautiful eyes, his kiss, his touch...

Bit of sad but inspiring news, my co-worker CL who has been battling cancer for sometime has stop coming to work after they discovered the cancer spread. They've given her 1 to 6 weeks to live. The inspiring part - she has the best attitude about it. She has been doing things she enjoys, bird watching, duck crawls, and has been spending every waking moment with family and friends. It's hard to find her at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home