Tuesday, September 28, 2004

"Please welcome to stage the one, the only, the incomparable--Twinkle M"

My sister is coming into town Thursday to attend DAA (Distinguished Alumnus Awards) with me on Friday. DAA is our formal gala at work where we get to rub elbows with Ambassadors, Senators, Congressmen and women, a Noble Prize Winner and several millionaires-and oh yea a celebrity (of sorts), Anne Archer (wife to Michael Douglas' character in Fatal Attraction). It should be interesting...great food, open bar...

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing Melissa. We haven't had a chance to get together where it's just the two of us in a very long time. I hope she's up for late night conversations and confession-booth style honesty. I miss those conversations with her. I have this old picture of us in the backyard of our old house. We're playing on our swing set and two of our dogs (Twinkle and Boots) are in it. Funny story: they say you can determine your Drag Queen name by combining your first female dog's (or other pet) name and your mother's maiden name. Mine would be "Twinkle M." Work it honey!!!

Back to my point, I love that picture. I'm not sure when it was taken but I know it's safe to say it was taken before I was molested by my cousin. Reason? You can see the innocence in both us. You know? You can see the child. My sister knew everything, we dealt with this problem together- but for that moment, in that freeze frame you can tell how carefree we were. with our innocence intact...We had no idea that in such a short time our world would never be the same.

My sister and I have a special bond. We understand each other. We have gone through so much together.

So we will "dance the night away." We will talk about everything(and everybody) under the sun. We will rejoice and more than likely cry. We will share our feelings. We will talk about our childhood. We will talk about how we will protect our children and educate them about the dangers of the world. I will hold her and make all the bad shit go away and she will do the same for me...much like we did growing up.

Love you Missy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home