Tuesday, August 16, 2005

tic toc

I'm not sure where I should begin this, but ever since Nick left I've been thinking a lot about things I wish I had some sort of control over. I mean to a great extent I do, I just need a swift kick in the butt to get me started. The first is obvious, the big move to DC. It's been occupying the majority of my time. I need to start with a list/timeline. It's never easy to move anywhere, especially to a completely different part of the country. I hope I can call up my old boss from Kansas City and try to get into the DC area DFAS. I need to start applying to different colleges so I can get my masters done. Then there's housing and location and do I want a car, do I need my car? And then there's my family. They know I want to move, but do they really know I'm this serious? I mean really know? This is it, if I'm serious about this then this is the moment of truth. This is where the ball needs to start...

Next thing, okay the part I mentioned where I don't have a lot of control over. DJP. Unfortunately, that little fucker still occupies a part of my brain. The only thing to stop me from thinking about him is time. I've cut off all communication with him, i.e. emails, text messages...I needed to in order to stop feeling the way I have about the whole thing. I've even stopped reading his blog - it was starting to making my stomach turn.

Anyway, to the less stressful part of my occupied brain, my friends. JC, AP, and "Stevie Nicks" I love them. They have been so supportive and understanding. I will miss them. We've been hanging out a lot and my favorite hang out at the moment, because I can't be at home by myself for too long, is Halcyon. A very cozy coffehouse and bar with added attractions like 2 dollar gin and tonics and wi-fi. Oh, and a cute employee I'm completely smitten with...we've had a couple of nice conversations and plenty of flirty eye contact...

Last thing: Happy Birthday JG and MLVC(P)R. I will post some MP3s later today...

here you go:

the arrogants - smile lines

til tuesday - voices carry

meryn cadell - the sweater (100% acrylic)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll need a car...if nothing else for a bum to sleep in...

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home