Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Let's catch up shall we? I must confess, I haven't been forthcoming with my blog like I should be. I've been reading other people's blogs and they all have links and photos and I have shit so I sort of feel like the perpetual "little fish in a big pond."

Anyway, I shouldn't care. The last time we got together was two weeks ago so here it goes...The weekend before last was Ernest's birthday so we went to Fiesta Texas (an amusement park) on Saturday and just acted completely silly. I bought him “The Party Monster” soundtrack. His friend L drove up from Lake Jackson and we meet B and R in San Antonio. B lives there and R was already there for some teacher’s conference. The best ride there was the Superman ride it has this huge statue of Superman on top of the loop...but the coolest was the Scooby-Doo ride where you go around a hunted house in a cart and shot targets (a score is kept). Oh yea, poor L threw-up after the second ride and some kid started yelling “sick that chick just barfed”...I felt so bad for her. Afterwards, we all drove back to Austin and just chilled at our apartment. Ernest got a card from R with a half naked guy on the front and once you open it his crotch is cut out...so we had a contest where we all drew our own crotch. I put a nail through mine, so needless to say I lost.

This past weekend was my sister Melissa's birthday so I went home and spent some quality family time. Melissa's friend from Virginia flew in early Thursday and I came in later that night. Went spent Friday just hanging out and Saturday in Houston. We went down Westimer and shopped at all those retro stores and had a few glasses of Chardonnay with lunch at Cafe Adobe. On Sunday we made a huge breakfast for everyone at Mom's. And played 10,000 and Phase 10 until it was time for me to head back to Austin.

I love my family. I'm not afraid to admit that. Huge news!!! Everyone is coming here to Austin for Thanksgiving..now that's a first. My Mom and sister plan to come early to start preparing, It should be interesting to say the least. Ernest will be in New Mexico.

Big UT OU game this weekend. I plan to just chill and watch football. Oh yea, and look for a Halloween costume for D's sister's party. Blog later bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home