Saturday, November 22, 2003

ToY

Last Sunday like I promised. Slept in. Got up. Got ready. Grab some grub-a-dub-dub...okay that was dumb. Went to dinner at Curra's Grill with DG. We ate out on the patio and the weather was great. I love evenings where there's a slight chill, you know? We had a very intellectual talk about Mexico and art and life. Well, he did, I just listened and absorbed. I feel so fortunate he's in my life and furthermore that he understands I (we) need to take small baby steps about our mutual feelings of attraction...well I guess I should say before we decide to make any steps on being anything other than good friends. Afterwards, we met K, MG, and R at Rainbow Cattle Company. It was my first time there and I honestly had a great time. I'm so impressed on how big the dance floor is there. And of course they played La Negra Tiene Tumbao, a certain recurring theme (soundtrack) for such a wonderful weekend.

Fast forward to Thursday because anything prior is just boring-well, there was Tuesday, the unfortunate release of Britney's new album. I'm kidding. Ernest was at the doors at 8am picking it up. He was so happy. I realize every morning for the next month or so (except the next two weeks because he's currently in New Mexico and I'm off to KC) I will have to listen to her while getting ready for work. Presently, I don't mind. In fact she as a great track called Breath On Me I really like...we will see. Okay, back to Thursday. I got invited to a reception in the lobby of Austin City Lofts by DG. Mexic-Arte (where he works) was having a mini-exhibition called Reinventing Icons . I had a great time. MG was there and EG showed up later...so it was the crew in full effect. I felt a little nervous when EG showed because he hadn't called anyone..so I was sort of not really sure where his mind was, but we all left in his whale and set sail to some downtown bar where we met up with some of his friends for drinks. Then we went to Charlies and EG mentioned he was probably going to break-up with his and it was really sweet because we all just wanted to hug and tell him everything would be okay. MG and I went home. EG and DG went to O's and EG had a fight with hisand instead of going home he stayed with DG.

Friday we all met up at Red Fez and then went to Charlies then went to K's apartment where we had apples and brownies. We watched Strangers With Candy and had an absolutely great time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home